Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (City & Guilds, UK)
Gain in-depth knowledge in food preparation and cookery skills. This Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking encompasses 70% in practical skills training. These are based on diverse cooking methods, pastry making, baking and food nutrition. Students get to learn basic skills such as vegetable cutting to preparing egg dishes, up to a stage where they are able to put together an international buffet setup. Apart from learning how to create spectacular dishes, students are also taught to manage the kitchen efficiently.
The students' skills are further enhanced and developed by training related areas such as budgeting, menu planning and dietary requirements as part of their programme.
Please download the leaflet visuals for more details programme outline.
Intermediate skils and techniques in Culinary Arts
- Cambridge English
- Hygiene, Kitchen Safety & Food Handling
- Essential First Aid & CPR Training
- Basic Kitchen Equipment Maintenance
- Cooking Technique
- Basic Butchery
- Breakfast Production
- Appetizer Production
- Stock, Soup & Hot Sauce Production
- Rice & Farinaceous Production
- Main Course Production
- Dessert Production
- Catering Set-up Activities
Advance skills and techniques in Culinary Arts
- English for Hospitality
- Contemporary Exotic Cuisine
- Food Production Quality & Quality Control
- Catering Activities Coordination
- Supervisory Administrative Functions
- Basic Cost Control
- Basic Nutrition
- Barista Skills
- Student Practical Project – Restaurant Operation
- On-The-Job training – 6 months
*The Cambridge English module will follow a 16 weeks schedule for each level.